As of the Effective Date of this Policy, this Site is intended for users and visitors in the U.S.A. only. Information collected on this site, including information that you submit, is maintained and processed in the U.S.A. Shopify is a Canadian company, and therefore some information processed by Shopify may be processed in Canada. By submitting your personal information to us on this site, you agree to the maintenance, processing, transfer, and storage of your information in the U.S.A. and, as applicable, Canada.
The contents of this notice may change over time. Please visit this page to view it in its current form. The change in the Effective Date listed at the top of this page will notify you that the Policy has been updated. Your continued use of this Site after any changes in these terms constitute your agreement with these terms.
Your Choices: You have certain rights with respect to the information that we collect about you as set forth below. If you have questions, please contact us as set forth in the Contact section below. For California residents, you have the right to know what personal information is collected about you and rights of access to, correction, and deletion of your personal information on certain conditions and subject to certain exceptions, as set forth in the California specific section in this Policy.
Table of Contents
II. Collecting Personal Information
III. Sharing Personal Information
IV. Analytics and Behavioral Advertising
V. Using Personal Information
VI. How We Protect Your Personal Information
VIII. Additional Disclosures Regarding California Privacy Rights
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Attn: Marketing Manager, 8210 University Executive Park Drive , Charlotte NC 28262, United States
Collecting Personal Information
- Device information
- Purpose of collection: To load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shared with our service providers, including Shopify, who assist in fulfilling orders, marketing our products, or operating this Site, such as data hosting, data processing, analytics, and billing, provided that such parties are obligated to keep this information confidential. The information collected on this Site also may be used by Shopify, Verbatim and its service providers to analyze trends, administer the Site, diagnose technical problems, derive each user’s approximate location, determine unauthorized use, calculate user levels, perform audits, and for security and fraud monitoring and detection. Information about use of the Site helps Verbatim measure the success of our advertising, the Site and its features or pages and to improve your online experience. The information may also be used for records administration, accounting and funding activities, enforcing Site policies, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Personal Information collected: The language and version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site, date and time of request, content of request, HTTP status code, size of transferred data, referrer, operating system and GUI version.
- Order information
- Purpose of collection: To provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information*, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: Collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shared with our service providers, including shipping companies and including Shopify, in order to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status. Shopify will maintain a customer profile on you that Verbatim can access to see your order status, shipping information, order history, email address, shipping address and phone number, and related information that you provided in ordering you product.
- Personal Information collected: Name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including debit cards, PayPal, GooglePay, ApplePay, Shop, ShopPay, credit card numbers ), email address, phone number, order history, and any personal information that you choose to provide to us in a comment or review. Shopify will maintain a customer profile on you that Verbatim can access to see your order status, shipping information, order history, email address, shipping address and phone number, and related information that you provided in ordering you product.
- Customer support information
- Purpose of collection: To provide customer support.
- Source of collection: Collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shared with our service providers to respond to inquiries and requests
- Personal Information collected: Your name, phone number, shipping address if applicable, email address, and any information that you provide to our customer service support personnel.
*Our online store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and Services to you. According to our agreement with Shopify, Shopify processes your credit and debit card numbers if you use a payment card to pay for the products you purchase on this Site. Shopify does not share this information with Verbatim and Verbatim does not have access to it.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address above to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share (disclose) your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- Verbatim (and its affiliates and service providers) may disclose any information that it collects and retains when we believe we are required to do so in order to comply with the law or regulation (including foreign laws applicable to our affiliates and service providers), enforce our policies, to defend against legal claims, to address misuse of the Site (including without limitation unauthorized access to any system, spamming, denial of service attacks or similar attacks), or protect ours or other’s rights, property, or safety. By using a Site, you consent to such disclosure.
- Verbatim may also share your personal information with others, including lawyers and other service providers, to comply with and fulfill our legal obligations.
- Verbatim also may share your personal information with others as specifically instructed or consented to by you.
Analytics and Behavioral Advertising
We use your Personal Information to give us feedback on your use of the Site and your interests and to inform you of specific Verbatim products and services that might be of interest to you based on your use of the Site. We also use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: .
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
[INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES BEING USED. COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers. We also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of the consumer’s personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of a consumer’s current interaction with the business, provided the consumer’s personal information that is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about the consumer or otherwise alter the consumer’s experience outside the current interaction with the business;
- Performing services on behalf of the business, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider;
- Providing advertising and marketing services, except for cross-context behavioral advertising, to the consumer;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; and
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records. We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information, and in most cases we use the purpose for which we collected the personal information to determine the length of time that we need to retain it. In some instances, such as when required by law, we may retain the information for a longer period.
Contests, Promotions, and Reviews
If you participate in a contest or promotion on this Site, we collect the personal information that you submit and share it with judges as well as Verbatim employees who are working on the event. If you are a winner, we may share your information with the public by posting the fact that you are a winner on our Site and we will share your address with a shipping provider to deliver any prize. Our contests and promotions are voluntary, and by participating you consent to such collection, use and disclosure. Likewise, if you provide a comment or review of our products on our Site intended for sharing with others, the content and your name may be publicly available. Please note that if you submit material for public posting, we are not able to control what third parties may see it, or what they may do with such information. You should always exercise caution when posting information publicly. We are not responsible for the actions of these third parties.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Verbatim uses commercially reasonable technical, physical and organizational security controls to protect loss, misuse and alteration of, and limit access to, all non -public collected information about you. This Site is hosted by Shopify. Shopify represented to us that it implements and maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing. Internally, we employ measures designed to limit access to personal information about you to employees whom we reasonably believe to come into contact with the information for the purposes set forth in this Policy. These measures are designed to protect such personal information from unauthorized persons when you are using the Websites. Unfortunately, data, including without limitation e-mail and electronic communications, submitted over the Internet is subject to the risk of being accessed by unauthorized third parties. No security system is fail safe and Verbatim cannot guarantee the information you provide will never be obtained by unauthorized persons. By using the Site and any linked sites, you acknowledge and accept this risk
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. This Site uses a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Shopify has notified Verbatim that it uses certain cookies on this Site. Those cookies are set forth below.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.||2y|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.||24h|
|_shopify_country||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|_shopify_m||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||1y|
|_shopify_tm||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||30min|
|_shopify_tw||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||2w|
|_storefront_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.||1min|
|c||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_currency||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ver||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||4w|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|dynamic_checkout_shown_on_cart||Used in connection with checkout.||30min|
|hide_shopify_pay_for_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|keep_alive||Used in connection with buyer localization.||2w|
|master_device_id||Used in connection with merchant login.||2y|
|previous_step||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|remember_me||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.||20y|
|shopify_pay||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|shopify_pay_redirect||Used in connection with checkout.||30 minutes, 3w or 1y depending on value|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.||2y|
|tracked_start_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|checkout_one_experiment||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_ga||Shopify and Google Analytics.||session|
[INSERT OTHER COOKIES OR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES THAT YOU USE]
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Used Flash cookies are not managed by your browser, but by the installed Flash plugin. Flash cookies are text files sent by a web server to a device when the internet browser requests content supported by Adobe Flash. When you clear your browser’s http cookies, you will not delete your used Flash cookies. Additionally, this Site uses HTML5 storage objects, which are placed on your device. These objects store required data independent of your browser software and do not expire. If you do not wish any processing of Flash cookies to happen, please install a respective add on (e.g., ”Better Privacy“ for Mozilla Firefox or the Adobe-Flash-Killer-Cookie for Google Chrome). The usage of HTML5 storage objects can be prevented by using the private mode of your browser. In addition, we recommend that you delete your browser’s history and cookies frequently.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Verbatim does not knowingly track visitors to this website over time and across third party sites. Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser. Other third-party websites for non-Verbatim companies may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to customize what they present to you on their websites. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. These third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
Last updated: 11-03-2022
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES REGARDING CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California, you have additional rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), as amended and expanded by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (the “CPRA”), and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to exercise free of charge.
- Disclosure of Personal Information We Collect About You. You have the right to request that Verbatim disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the last 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your request, after appropriate verification, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you, including sensitive personal information;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information;
The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any; and
The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Please note that we are not required to:
- Retain any personal information about you if, in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not retained;
- Reidentify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information; or
- Provide the personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period
- Disclosure of Personal Information Sold, Shared, or Disclosed for a Business Purpose. In connection with any personal information we may sell, share, or disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know:
- The categories of personal information about you that we sold or shared and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or shared; and
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information (if any).
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of the use and disclosure (if any) of your sensitive personal information for anything other certain permitted exceptions, such as supplying requested goods or services.
- Right to Deletion. Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records;
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records; and
- Direct third parties to whom the business has sold or shared your personal information to delete your personal information unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on the your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to request correction of inaccurate personal information maintained by us about you. Upon receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate personal information.
- Protection Against Discrimination. You have the right to not be discriminated against by us because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA and CPRA. This means we cannot, among other things:
- Deny goods or services to you;
- Charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
- Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Please note that we may charge a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods and/or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
You have the right to use an authorized agent registered to do business in California to submit Data Deletion Requests and Data Access Requests, but Verbatim will require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, verify your identity with the business, and directly confirm that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request, except if your authorized agent has a proper power of attorney. Verbatim may deny a request from an authorized agent if the agent does not submit proof that the agent has been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Disclosure of Personal Information Collected
- Information We Collect About Consumers. In the preceding 12 months, Verbatim has collected the following categories of consumer personal information:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
YES – except this site does not collect signatures
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
G. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements.
YES, the website uses GoogleAnalytics which collects the site visitor’s geolocation data.
H. Sensory data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
L. Sensitive personal information.
A Social Security number, driver’s license number, state identification card number, or passport number, account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password or credentials allowing access to an account, precise geolocation, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership, the contents of mail, email and text messages unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication, genetic data, biometric and health information, information regarding sex life or sexual orientation.
YES–limited (credit card and debit card information as outlined above)
- How Consumer Personal Information is Collected. We have collected consumer personal information from consumers directly in person, by telephone, text or email and/or via our website[ and apps]. However, we also collect information:
- from a third party with your consent (e.g., your bank);
- from cookies on our website;
- from advertising networks;
- Who We Share Consumer Personal Information With. We routinely share personal information with:
- our affiliates, including companies within the Verbatim Americas, LLC group;
- service providers we use to help deliver our products to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies, including without limitation Shopify;
- other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as marketing agencies or website hosts;
- third parties approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers; and
- our banks.
See the SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION section in the main policy.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Identifiers (e.g., a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name)
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, address, telephone number
- Commercial information (e.g., records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement)
- Geolocation data
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights under the CCPA described above, please submit a request to us by:
- calling Us at (800) 421-4188
- emailing Us at email@example.com; or
- In addition, you can make requests using the applicable form Request.